Join us for one of the best camp experiences in South Florida! Island Camps has over 25 years of experience. We are proud to offer skate school sessions in winter, spring and summer.
Each day we travel to our favorite parks and activities in South Florida. We meet up for friendly camp vs camp competitions, challenge ourselves to learn new tricks, and always have fun.
Our skate camps are great for ages 8-16 and all experience levels are welcome. We also offer opportunities for Junior counselors, ages 17-18 and college camp interns.
We visit at least one new park each day. Some of the parks we go to include:
Hobbit Skatepark, Boynton Beach Skatepark, Drop In, Ramp 48, Westin Skatepark, Haulover Pump Track, North Beach, Lot 11, Hollywood Free Park, Omni, Design District, Palm Beach Gardens Park and more.
Location: Visits two South Florida Parks each day. Departing from Island Water Sports.
PLEASE READ REGARDING CoVID-19:
The spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) may be on many of our minds and as the summer approaches. This summer may not look like all of the summers that have come before or any of the summers that will come again, but we do know that camp plays a vital role in the lives of so many of our campers, their families and our alumni’s. So, We are moving forward with plans on how best to serve our camp families this summer and are hopeful that camp will continue uninterrupted. . . . The safety and health of our community is of utmost concern and we ask for your patience as we work through this trying time.
Currently we are working to increase our precautions. Here are some of those added precautions:
- Our program staff will practice social distance.
- We will require that campers do not share drinks or food.
- We will minimize the number of campers each week.
- We will have designated hand sanitizing stations and increase monitoring of sanitary practices.
- We stay updated and adhere to CDC’s recommendations continually up until and throughout summer.
Should camp be canceled, we will refund 100% of camp fees to camp families.
- An introduction to the greatest sport on earth
- CPR and First Aid certified instructor
- Student to staff ratio of 6 to 1
- Loaner Skateboards Available Per Request *Due to CoVid we encourage all skaters to bring their own helmets and pads.
Full Week Campers Also Receive:
- Island Camps Sports Pack with Great Swags from Our Sponsors
Rainy Day Alternatives
Lets face it, we live in South Florida. It’s a harsh reality but its gonna be flat most the summer! Floridians also are used to a quick afternoon summer storm before the sun comes out for the rest of the day. In the event of bad weather, camp still goes on. However should there be thunder and lightning we take the kids out of the park immediately and seek shelter. We also find tons of indoor ways to have fun whn the weather does not cooperate.
- Trips to Island Water Sports to learn about skateboards and how to put one together
- Partnership with the Apple Store for Video Editing and Board Design
- Fun at the Pinball Museum
- Visits to local favorites like Tates Comics
- Trips to 7-Eleven for slushies and Lunch Outings
- and more
Upcoming Camp Dates:
Monday 1/18 No School
Monday 2/15 No School
to sign up for our wait list, please email us at email@example.com
Sign up early and save $50 per week.
- Summer early registration ends May 1st.
- Winter Early Registration ends December 1st.
- Spring break early registration ends February 1st
Early discounts are only valid on full week of full-day camp and can not be combined. Discounts can not be applied to day rates, half-day weekly rates, after care, or Create-A-Skate.
Multiple Children/Multiple Weeks
Receive a 10% discount for signing up your child for more than one week. If you've got more than one child, the second and following children each get 10% off each week. (Applies to full week camps only)
Example: 1 Child, 2 weeks of camp... No discount the first week; 10% discount the 2nd and following weeks.
Example: 2 Children, 1 week of camp... No discount the first child; 10% discount the 2nd child.
Discounts cannot be combined. If you receive the Early Registration discount, the multi week discount will not apply.
Skate Camp Rates
Monday - Thurday
$75 per Day
"Awesome camp for kids. Great staff and the highlight of the summer for all the campers! Cant wait to sign my kids up again this summer."
"Skate camp is a new favorite for us. My son had so much fun and learned a few tricks. He will be back for more!"
"My boys spent their spring break at Skate Camp and absolutely loved it. They couldn't wait to come to camp each morning and the counselors were amazing. The boys are better skaters thanks to Island Camps."
"This is my kid's 2nd year at Island Skate Camp for summer, but he also goes for Spring and Winter camp, and he is having the best time with Uli and the camp. When he first started he was a novice skater and now with help from Zion he is dropping in on 9ft vert ramp. The camp is great for skaters of all levels, the counselors are very patient and work with each kid's level. My son is learning so much from the counselors and has truly grown with his skating. The staff is amazing, caring, and attentive. When he is not in camp for the week he is begging to go back. Through the camp and skating, the kids learn so much more about themselves such as; perseverance, self-esteem, and confidence. This is such a great experience with a great staff. Every time we are on break my kids are enrolled with Uli and the staff and every time they have the best time!"
-Stephanie D., Boca Raton, FL
Still have questions or want to talk skate
Call us (954) 281-2797Email us info@IslandCamps.com
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the age for campers?
8-16 Boys & Girls*
*Please note that younger campers will be considered according to their prior skateboarding and camp experience. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Where is camp located?
Each morning we meet at Island Water Sports. Located at 1985 NE 2nd Street, Deerfield Beach, FL 33442. Our skate camp is a mobile camp with field trips to local South Florida skate parks and attractions throughout the week. We will depart at 9am and return at 3pm for pick up.
What time is camp drop off and pick up?
Depart Island Water Sports each morning at 9am
Return Island Water Sports each afternoon at 3pm
What can a camper expect to learn?
Our skate camp focuses on everything from learning the basics of skateboarding to perfecting your style. A variety of the following basics of skateboarding will be reviewed and explained, depending on the student's ability and willingness to learn. Our instructors offer a wide variety of skateboard techniques that can be matched specifically to the skaters skill level:
What A Beginner Can Expect to Learn:
- Proper Foot Placement
- How To Balance
- Skate Park Etiquette and Vocab
- Pushing on Flat Ground
- Basic Skateboarding Fundamentals
- Explained the Functions of the Deck, Trucks, Wheels, Bearings, etc.
What should we bring to camp?
- Lunch – Lunch will be provided on Friday ONLY. We have a pizza party for the last day of camp. If your child has dietary concerns, please bring this to the camp director’s attention. Please pack a lunch every other day.
- Skateboard Helmet
- Hat / Visor
- Face Mask
- All necessary medications, epi pens, or medical concerns should be brought to the camp directors attention when being dropped off for the day.
What is our daily itinerary?
9:00 am – 9:30 am
Drop Off at Island Water Sports
9:30 am – 10:30 am
Drive to Park
10:30 am – 12:30 pm
12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
Lunch (Bring Packed Lunch)
1:30 pm – 2:30 pm
2:30 pm – 3:00 pm
Drive to Island Water Sports
3:00 pm – 3:30 pm
Pick Up at Island Water Sports
* Every hour on the hour we take a break from to re-apply sunscreen and drink water.
What time is camp drop off?
You should arrive at camp between 8:45 am - 9:00 am
What time is camp pick up?
Pick up is between 3:00 pm - 3:15 PM
What if there is bad weather?
Safety is our top priority, but Floridians often experience an afternoon tropical storm before the sun comes out for the rest of the day. In the event of bad weather, camp still goes on. However should there be thunder and lightning we take the kids out of the skatepark immediately and seek shelter under the covered pavilion or indoors. There we do other activities with the kids till the bad weather passes and it is safe to return to the beach.
What does Island Camps provide?
- Every Friday all weekly campers will receive special swag from our sponsors
What is the Skate Camp's Cancellation Policy?
We understand that 2020 has been a challenging year for us all as we face a global pandemic. With the continual shift of CoVID, we realize there can be some hesitation as we all navigate health recommendations and make the best choices for our families. If you have a need to cancel we hope to be as flexible as possible but have set up these guidelines for refunds. Please email al cancellation requests to email@example.com
- Cancellations received 72 hours in advance will receive a 100% refund
- Cancellations received 48 hours in advance will receive a 50% refund
- Cancellations after 48 hours before the start of camp will not be refunded except with a doctor's note or family emergency