Join us for one of the best camp experiences in South Florida! Island Camps has over 25 years of experience. We are proud to offer skate school sessions in winter, spring and summer.
Each day we travel to our favorite parks and activities in South Florida. We meet up for friendly camp vs camp competitions, challenge ourselves to learn new tricks, and always have fun.
Our skate camps are great for ages 8-16 and all experience levels are welcome. We also offer opportunities for Junior counselors, ages 17-18 and college camp interns.
We visit at least one new park each day. Some of the parks we go to include:
Hobbit Skatepark, Boynton Beach Skatepark, Drop In, Ramp 48, Westin Skatepark, Haulover Pump Track, North Beach, Lot 11, Hollywood Free Park, Omni, Design District, Palm Beach Gardens Park and more.
Location: Visits two South Florida Parks each day. Departing from Island Water Sports.
- An introduction to the greatest sport on earth
- CPR and First Aid certified instructor
- Student to staff ratio of 6 to 1
- Loaner Board and Helmets
- Reusable BPA-Free Water bottle donated by our greening partner Dr Pam Orthodontics
- Unlimited refills of ice cold water
- Pizza Party every Friday for Lunch
Full Week Campers Also Receive:
- Island Camps Sports Pack on Friday which Includes:
- Vans Hat
- O’Neill Sunglasses
- Simbi Hair Tie
- Pens and Pencils
- Coupons to Island Water Sports
- Tons of Other Goodies from Our Sponsors
Rainy Day Alternatives
Lets face it, we live in South Florida. It’s a harsh reality but its gonna be flat most the summer! Floridians also are used to a quick afternoon summer storm before the sun comes out for the rest of the day. In the event of bad weather, camp still goes on. However should there be thunder and lightning we take the kids out of the park immediately and seek shelter. We also find tons of indoor ways to have fun whn the weather does not cooperate.
- Trips to Island Water Sports to learn about skateboards and how to put one together
- Partnership with the Apple Store for Video Editing and Board Design
- Fun at the Pinball Museum
- Visits to local favorites like Tates Comics
- Trips to 7-Eleven for slushies and Lunch Outings
- and more
Upcoming Camp Dates:
Save $50 with code 'Early" when you register before February 1st
Sign up early and save $50 per week.
- Summer early registration ends May 1st.
- Winter Early Registration ends December 1st.
- Spring break early registration ends February 1st
Early discounts are only valid on full week of full-day camp and can not be combined. Discounts can not be applied to day rates, half-day weekly rates, after care, or Create-A-Skate.
Multiple Children/Multiple Weeks
Receive a 10% discount for signing up your child for more than one week. If you've got more than one child, the second and following children each get 10% off each week.
Example: 1 Child, 2 weeks of camp... No discount the first week; 10% discount the 2nd and following weeks.
Example: 2 Children, 1 week of camp... No discount the first child; 10% discount the 2nd child.
Discounts cannot be combined. If you receive the Early Registration discount, the multi week discount will not apply.
Summer Camp Rates
$75 per Day
"Awesome camp for kids. Great staff and the highlight of the summer for all the campers! Cant wait to sign my kids up again this summer."
"Skate camp is a new favorite for us. My son had so much fun and learned a few tricks. He will be back for more!"
"My boys spent their spring break at Skate Camp and absolutely loved it. They couldn't wait to come to camp each morning and the counselors were amazing. The boys are better skaters thanks to Island Camps."
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the age for campers?
8-16 Boys & Girls*
*Please note that younger campers will be considered according to their prior skateboarding and camp experience. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Where is camp located?
Each morning we meet at Island Water Sports. Located at 1985 NE 2nd Street, Deerfield Beach, FL 33442. Our skate camp is a mobile camp with field trips to local South Florida skate parks and attractions throughout the week. We will depart at 9am and return at 3pm for pick up.
What time is camp drop off and pick up?
Depart Island Water Sports each morning at 9am
Return Island Water Sports each afternoon at 3pm
What can a camper expect to learn?
Our skate camp focuses on everything from learning the basics of skateboarding to perfecting your style. A variety of the following basics of skateboarding will be reviewed and explained, depending on the student's ability and willingness to learn. Our instructors offer a wide variety of skateboard techniques that can be matched specifically to the skaters skill level:
What A Beginner Can Expect to Learn:
- Proper Foot Placement
- How To Balance
- Skate Park Etiquette and Vocab
- Pushing on Flat Ground
- Basic Skateboarding Fundamentals
- Explained the Functions of the Deck, Trucks, Wheels, Bearings, etc.
What should we bring to camp?
- Lunch – Lunch will be provided on Friday ONLY. We have a pizza party for the last day of camp. If your child has dietary concerns, please bring this to the camp director’s attention. Please pack a lunch every other day.
- Skateboard Helmet
- Hat / Visor
- All necessary medications, epi pens, or medical concerns should be brought to the camp directors attention when being dropped off for the day.
What is our daily itinerary?
9:00 am – 9:30 am
Drop Off at Island Water Sports
9:30 am – 10:30 am
Drive to Park
10:30 am – 12:30 pm
12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
Lunch (Bring Packed Lunch)
1:30 pm – 2:30 pm
2:30 pm – 3:00 pm
Drive to Island Water Sports
3:00 pm – 3:30 pm
Pick Up at Island Water Sports
* Every hour on the hour we take a break from to re-apply sunscreen and drink water.
Still have questions or want to talk skate
Call us (954) 281-2797Email us info@IslandCamps.com