Deerfield Beach Surf Camp
Join us for the most trusted surf camp in South Florida. Island Camps has over 44 years of experience in surf lessons, surf camps, and surf trips. We love to share our knowledge of the ocean and teach kids how to surf!! Our goal is to empower the youth to live a healthy and fun lifestyle and to teach them to love our beaches and our ocean. As partners with the City of Deerfield we are blessed to operate our spring, summer and winter camps just north of the beautiful Deerfield Beach International Fishing Pier. Surf camp is open to all skill levels. Whether you're learning how to pop up or perfecting your bottom turn we have the instructors you need to take your surfing to the next level.
Location: Deerfield Beach Pier
Drop Off: The Kirk Cottrell Pavilion
344 North Ocean Drive. Deerfield Beach, FL 33441
Aftercare 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
$99/Day (Half or Full Day)
2022 UPCOMING CAMP DATES
Wednesday, 10/5 Teacher Work Day
Tuesday, 11/8 Teacher Work Day
THANKSGIVING BREAK 11/21-23
BLACK FRIDAY 11/25
CHRISTMAS BREAK 12/26-30 & 1/2-6 (2-3 Palm Beach
MONDAY 1/16 MLK
MONDAY 2/20 Teacher Work Day
FRIDAY 3/17 Teacher Work Day
SPRING BREAK 3/20-24
FRIDAY 4/7 Teacher Work Day
MONDAY 5/29 MEMORIAL DAY
Full Week Campers Receive:
Rainy & Flat Day Alternatives
Lets face it, we live in South Florida. It’s a harsh reality but its gonna be flat most the summer! Floridians also are used to a quick afternoon summer storm before the sun comes out for the rest of the day. In the event of bad weather, camp still goes on. However should there be thunder and lightning we take the kids off the beach immediately and seek shelter.
Other Activities at Our Deerfield Camp May Include:
Trips to Island Water Sports to learn about surfboards and how to put one together.
Environmental & STEM Education (Check out our curriculum here)
Trips to 7-Eleven for slushies
Sign up early and save $50 per week.
Summer early registration ends April 15th (half day week) and May 1st (full day week). Winter Early Registration ends December 1st. Spring break early registration ends March 1st
Early discounts are only valid on full week of full-day camp and can not be combined. Discounts can not be applied to day rates, half-day weekly rates, after care, or Create-A-Skate.
Multiple Children/Multiple Weeks
Receive a 10% discount for signing up your child for more than one week. If you've got more than one child, the second and following children each get 10% off each week.
Example: 1 Child, 2 weeks of camp... No discount the first week; 10% discount the 2nd and following weeks.
Example: 2 Children, 1 week of camp... No discount the first child; 10% discount the 2nd child.
Discounts cannot be combined. If you receive the Early Registration discount, the multi week discount will not apply.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the age for campers?
Our camp is great for ages 6-14. Special accommodations can be made for younger campers, pending a swim test to verify that the are strong swimmers.
Are there lifeguards at camp?
Yes, there is a Island Camps Lifeguard on duty at all times during camp and all Island Camps surf instructors are CPR and AED certified. In addition there is an on duty city lifeguard located directly behind the camp area.
What time is camp drop off?
You should arrive at the Kirk Cottrell Pavillion in Deerfield Beach (344 North Ocean Drive. Deerfield Beach, FL 33441) between 8:45 am - 9:00 am
What time is camp pick up?
Pick up is between 3:00 pm - 3:15 PM
Aftercare is provided 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
What should we bring to camp?
- Lunch: Campers must bring their own lunch, snacks and beverages.
- SUNSCREEN, SUNSCREEN AND MORE SUNSCREEN
- Leash for Surfboard (if you’re bringing your own surfboard)
- SPF50 Lycra (rashguard). Lycra will be provided for weekly campers only.
- Swim googles and/or snorkel and mask.
- Change of dry clothes
- Bathing Suit
- Hat / Visor
- SPF, water safe, facial Covering (in light of CDC recommendations)
- All necessary medications, epi pens, or medical concerns should be brought to the camp directors attention when being dropped off for the day.
Is there a certain sunscreen you recommend?
Are wetsuits needed?
What if there are no waves?
Lets face it, we live in South Florida. It’s a harsh reality but its gonna be flat most the summer! Worry not my future shredders. we have a ton of fun and radical ways to make sure the fun never stops at surf camp. Some of our flat day activities include environmental education and adventures to the Deerfield Beach International Fishing Pier. Plus, Surf camp is located just on the inside of a protected coral reef so when there are no waves, we are able to paddle out and swim with sea life ranging from sea turtles to tropical fish.
What if there is bad weather?
Safety is our top priority, but Floridians often experience an afternoon tropical storm before the sun comes out for the rest of the day. In the event of bad weather, camp still goes on. However should there be thunder and lightning we take the kids off the beach immediately and seek shelter. We will go to the pavilion for shelter in storms and help us to social distance our campers during snacks, lunch, and activities. We will do activities until the bad weather passes and it is safe to return to the beach. Plus...worry not my future shredders. we have a ton of fun and radical ways to make sure the fun never stops at surf camp.
What does Island Camps provide?
- Boards (surfboards, skimboards, body boards, stand up paddle boards)
- O’Neill SPF-50 surf shirt (rashguard) – weekly campers only.
- Every Friday all weekly campers will receive a Island Camps Sports pack with a Professional Photo and special swag from our sponsors
What is Island Camp's Cancellation and Rescheduling Policy?
If you have a need to cancel we hope to be as flexible as possible but have set up these guidelines for refunds. Please email all cancellation requests to email@example.com
- Cancellations received 2 weeks in advance will receive a 90% refund. Camp can be rescheduled for a 10% fee.
- Cancellations received 1 week in advance will receive a 50% refund or credit for a future week/day of camp.Camp can be rescheduled for a 10% fee.
- Cancellations received 72 hours -24 hours before camp with a doctors note will receive credit for a future week/day of camp. If you have a doctor's note, there will be a 10% rescheduling fee.
- Cancellations after 72 hours before the start of camp will not be credited except with a doctor's note. If you have a doctor's note, there will be a 10% rescheduling fee.
My kid is sick, sunburnt, injured, etc. can I make up a day that I missed?
Can I upgrade from a half-day to a full-day or a one-day camp to a full week?
Still have questions or want to talk surf
Call us (954) 281-2797
Email us info@IslandCamps.com