Our Commitment To Accessibility
At Island Water Sports, we’re committed to accessibility, diversity and inclusion. We believe all of our guests should be able to easily shop online at IslandWaterSports.com, and access all of our other web sites and digital offerings.
Whether you’re using assistive technologies like a screen reader, a magnifier, voice recognition software or switch technology, our mission is to make Island Water Sports your preferred shopping destination in all channels by delivering outstanding value, continuous innovation and experiences that fulfill our vision and company goals.
How We Accomplish Our Goals?
We set high standards for web accessibility and constantly strive to ensure we’re in compliance with all laws and guidelines. Our team is dedicated to making all of our online experiences the best they can be, and we collaborate with professional online resources, industry partners and outside web agencies to identify areas that need improvement.
1. The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level AA are recognized and acknowledged as the international standard measure of success. We regularly test our site to ensure we meet or exceed that standard.
2. We work with professional online resources, accessibility and usability frameworks, and people with disabilities to make sure our sites function properly and that we’re going above and beyond simply following regulatory guidelines.
3. We’re always learning. We consistently look for improvements in performance, speed and accessibility.
Steps We’ve Taken To Improve Accessibility
Here are some of the items we’ve addressed to make sure our website and mobile site are as easy to use as possible for ALL guests:
1. Site Structure — We use appropriate headings, lists, paragraphs & other formatting features on IslandWaterSports.com so that guests can easily use the site with assistive technology.
2. Text Equivalents — We’re working to ensure all of our images & multimedia are fully accessible through alternative text, captions & transcripts.
3. Full Keyboard Access — Everything we build can be accessed using a keyboard.
4. Site Consistency — We’re consistent in the way we build our sites & apps so that once you understand how our menus & pages work, you can count on our sites to be consistent and function the same way every time you interact with them.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please contact us at Keegan@IslandWaterSports.com | 954-427-4929