THE STRANGELOVE SKATEBOARDS NIKE SB DUNK LOW RELEASE IS THIS FRIDAY 2/7 AT 10AM AT ISLAND WATER SPORTS
StrangeLove Skateboards has crafted its own unique aesthetic by combining chaotic creative expression with a grounded appreciation for what makes skate fun.
The quirky, California-based label now links up with Nike SB to lend its uncommon perspective to a cherished style: the Dunk Low.
This drop sees the design dressed in textured velvet with overlays of suede. Permeated with pastel, the makeup blends seductive shades of soft pink with hits of bright melon and gym red.
StrangeLove literally leaves its mark with embroidered skull illustrations on each heel. On the sole, understated heart graphics show love, just in time for Valentine's Day.
Although, we 100% suggest skating them, collectors can check out this link for the estimated resale value of these sought new Dunk low.
This will be run as a raffle so do not camp out at the shop!
- We will start handing out Raffle tickets Wednesday 2/5 at 6pm to Friday 2/7 at 9:45 am.
- Participants must have a valid ID, choose their size, and leave their contact information with our staff.
- 1 free raffle ticket for all participants.
- We have 13 pairs that range from size 8 to 13.
- The raffle will be drawn at 10am, this Friday 2/7/20.
- You can only win one pair, so if we drawn your name a second time, we will draw another name.
- You do not need to be present to win but must pick up and pay for your winning raffle before 7pm on Friday 2/7.
- If a pair is not claimed by 7pm, it will be forfeited and the next ticket for that size will be pulled.
- There will absolutely be NO holds, NO over the phone orders, NO online sales.
WANT EXTRA CHANCES?
You will have the option to purchase additional raffle tickets for $10 each. All proceeds from the raffle will be donated to Island Camps to provide skate camp scholarships for kids that otherwise would be unable to attend.
READ MORE ABOUT THE STRANGELOVE DUNK BELOW:
By Sean Cliver
So if you're a first-timer here, wondering what in the hell a StrangeLove even is, Its a foster home we created for our artistic friends, where we could have fun, pushing and challenging the boundaries of what could and maybe sometimes should not be done on the bottom of a skateboard, drawing from our formative influences as children immersed in a pop-culture world through comics, toys, books, television, movies, and skateboarding. But it's not just an "art project" brand, because as lifelong skateboarders we know it is our sworn duty to produce the highest quality decks and do our part to keep the art of screenprinting alive. The last part of our creative puzzle came together this past year by assembling a small squad of team riders, because what's the point of making skateboards if you can't support those that love it as much as we have our entire lives?
Anyway, now we have a shoe!
When we were first approached with the idea of collaborating on a Valentine's release with Nike SB, well, it just made thematic sense, you know, what with the "love" in our name and all. Plus, not to get all sentimental and mushy, but skateboarding truly was my first real love and a strange one at that given its life-consuming nature. So with visions of cherubs dancing in my head, I made the plush call for velvet materials, the more crushed the better, all in pink and red, with a durable suede for the wear-and-tear of skating. That's basically the nutshell I pitched to the SB design team.