SPRING BREAK SKATE CAMP
March 20th - 24th
- An introduction to the greatest sport on earth
- CPR and First Aid Certified Instructors
- Loaner Skateboards & Helmets
- Transportation to 2 of Our Favorite South Florida Skateparks Each Day
RAINY DAYS & A/C BREAKS
Floridians also are used to a quick afternoon summer storm before the sun comes out for the rest of the day. In the event of bad weather, camp still goes on. However should there be thunder and lightning we take the kids out of the park immediately and seek shelter. We also find tons of indoor ways to have fun whn the weather does not cooperate. We also visit indoor places to catch a little cool A/C.
- Trips to Island Water Sports to learn about skateboards and how to put one together
- Today at Apple for Video Editing and Board Design
- Fun at the Pinball Museum
- Visits to local favorites like Tates Comics
- Trips to WaWa and 7-Eleven for slushies and more
EARLY REGISTRATION - Sign up early and save $50 per week
- Summer early registration ends May 1st.
- Winter Early Registration ends December 1st.
- Spring break early registration ends March 1st.
*Early discounts are only valid on full week of full-day camp and can not be combined. Discounts can not be applied to day rates, half-day weekly rates, or after care..
MULTIPLE CHILDREN/MULTIPLE WEEKS - Receive a 10% discount for signing up your child for more than one week. If you've got more than one child, the second and following children each get 10% off each week.
Example: 1 Child, 2 weeks of camp... No discount the first week; 10% discount the 2nd and following weeks.
Example: 2 Children, 1 week of camp... No discount the first child; 10% discount the 2nd child.
Discounts cannot be combined. If you receive the Early Registration discount, the multi week discount will not apply.
Island Camps offers partial and full tuition assistance to prospective campers with financial, spiritual and emotional needs. This assistance is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
We thankful to offer a limited number of scholarships to families with a financial need each summer through our partners at the Deerfield Kiwanis Club and through donations to the Kirk Cottrell Foundation. Scholarship Opportunities
We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to attend camp.
Help Send an At-Risk Youth to Camp
Island Camps partners with amazing organizations such as the Kiwanis Club of Deerfield Beach to provide scholarships to children in need. Each year we hold events to raise the funds needed to provide these scholarships. If you would like to help a child but cannot attend one of our fundraisers, you can donate directly online today through the Kirk Cottrell Fund. Please use the link below to donate directly and receive your tax-deductible receipt.
Share the gift of surf & donate to The Kirk Cottrell Foundation Fund!
"Awesome camp for kids. Great staff and the highlight of the summer for all the campers! Cant wait to sign my kids up again this summer."
"Skate camp is a new favorite for us. My son had so much fun and learned a few tricks. He will be back for more!"
"My boys spent their spring break at Skate Camp and absolutely loved it. They couldn't wait to come to camp each morning and the counselors were amazing. The boys are better skaters thanks to Island Camps."
"This is my kid's 2nd year at Island Skate Camp for summer, but he also goes for Spring and Winter camp, and he is having the best time with Uli and the camp. When he first started he was a novice skater and now with help from Zion he is dropping in on 9ft vert ramp. The camp is great for skaters of all levels, the counselors are very patient and work with each kid's level. My son is learning so much from the counselors and has truly grown with his skating. The staff is amazing, caring, and attentive. When he is not in camp for the week he is begging to go back. Through the camp and skating, the kids learn so much more about themselves such as; perseverance, self-esteem, and confidence. This is such a great experience with a great staff. Every time we are on break my kids are enrolled with Uli and the staff and every time they have the best time!"
-Stephanie D., Boca Raton, FL
WHAT IS THE AGE FOR CAMPERS?
Our camp is great for ages 8-16. Special accommodations can be made for younger campers.
WHERE IS CAMP LOCATED?
Each morning we meet at Island Water Sports. Located at 1985 NE 2ndStreet, Deerfield Beach, FL 33442. Our skate camp is a mobile camp with field trips to local South Florida skate parks and attractions throughout the week.
WHAT TIME IS CAMP DROP OFF AND PICK UP?
You should arrive at Island Water Sports in Deerfield Beach (1985 NE 2nd Street. Deerfield Beach, FL 33441) between 8:30 am - 9:00 am.
Pick up is 3 pm - 3:30 pm
Aftercare is provided through our surf camp from 3 pm - 5 pm
Parents arriving 3:30 pm will be charged for an extended day.
WHAT SHOULD WE BRING TO CAMP?
- Lunch: Campers must bring their own lunch, snacks and beverages. Campers may choose to bring money instead or in addition to a packed luch as we stop at WaWa and a food establishment each day.
- All necessary medications, epi pens, or medical concerns should be brought to the camp directors attention when being dropped off for the day.
WHAT CAN A CAMPER EXPECT TO LEARN?
Our skate camp focuses on everything from learning the basics of skateboarding to perfecting your style. A variety of the following basics of skateboarding will be reviewed and explained, depending on the student's ability and willingness to learn. Our instructors offer a wide variety of skateboard techniques that can be matched specifically to the skaters skill level:
What A Beginner Can Expect to Learn:
Proper Foot PlacementHow To BalanceSkate Park Etiquette and Vocab Pushing on Flat GroundBasic Skateboarding FundamentalsExplained the Functions of the Deck, Trucks, Wheels, Bearings, etc.
WHAT DOES A TYPICAL DAY LOOK LIKE?
9:00 am – 9:30 am
Drop Off at Island Water Sports
9:30 am – 10:30 am
Drive to Park
10:30 am – 12:30 pm
12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
Lunch (Bring Packed Lunch)
1:30 pm – 2:30 pm
2:30 pm – 3:00 pm
Drive to Island Water Sports
3:00 pm – 3:30 pm
Pick Up at Island Water Sports
WHAT IF THERE IS BAD WEATHER?
Safety is our top priority, but Floridians often experience an afternoon tropical storm before the sun comes out for the rest of the day. In the event of bad weather, camp still goes on. However should there be thunder and lightning we take the kids out of the skatepark immediately and seek shelter under the covered pavilion or indoors. There we do other activities with the kids till the bad weather passes and it is safe to return to the beach.
WHAT IS ISLAND CAMP'S CANCELLATION AND RESCHEDULING POLICY?
If you have a need to cancel we hope to be as flexible as possible but have set up these guidelines for refunds. Please email all cancellation requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cancellations received 2 weeks in advance will receive a 90% refund. Camp can be rescheduled for a 10% fee.
- Cancellations received 1 week in advance will receive a 50% refund or credit for a future week/day of camp. Camp can be rescheduled for a 10% fee.
- Cancellations received 72 hours -24 hours before camp with a doctors note will receive credit for a future week/day of camp. If you have a doctor's note, there will be a 10% rescheduling fee.
- Cancellations after 72 hours before the start of camp will not be credited except with a doctor's note. If you have a doctor's note, there will be a 10% rescheduling fee.