Join us for the best and most trusted surf camp in South Florida. Island Camps has over 40 years of experience in surf lessons, surf camps, and surf trips. We love to share our knowledge of the ocean and teach kids how to surf!! Our goal is to empower the youth to live a healthy and fun lifestyle while respecting our beaches and our ocean. As partners the City of Deerfield we are blessed to operate our spring, summer and winter camps just north of the beautiful Deerfield Beach International Fishing Pier. Surf camp is open to all skill levels. Whether your learning how to pop up or perfecting your bottom turn we have the instructors you need to take your surfing to the next level.
Location: Deerfield Beach North Pavilion. 314 NE 21st Avenue, Deerfield Beach, FL 33441
December 30-31 & January 2-3 (No Camp New Years Day)
Save $50 when you register by December 1st
Spring Break Camp
Save $50 when you register by March 1st
March 23 - 27, 2020
Save $50 when you register by May 1st
June 1 - August 14, 2020
Full Week Campers Receive:
Rainy & Flat Day Alternatives
Lets face it, we live in South Florida. It’s a harsh reality but its gonna be flat most the summer! Floridians also are used to a quick afternoon summer storm before the sun comes out for the rest of the day. In the event of bad weather, camp still goes on. However should there be thunder and lightning we take the kids off the beach immediately and seek shelter under the covered pavilion. There we are safe to do arts and crafts and play games with the kids till the bad weather passes and it is safe to return to the beach. Plus...worry not my future shredders. we have a ton of fun and radical ways to make sure the fun never stops at surf camp.
- Trips to Island Water Sports to learn about surfboards and how to put one together.
- Pier Walks
- Beach activities like Tug of War, Relay Races, Arts and Crafts, Fort Dodge, Capture the Flag, and more...
- Environmental & STEM Education (Check out our curriculum here)
- Trips to 7-Eleven for slushies
- Watch surfing movies at Playa Bowls
Sign up early and save $50 per week.
- Summer early registration ends May 1st.
- Winter Early Registration ends December 1st.
- Spring break early registration ends February 1st
Early discounts are only valid on full week of full-day camp and can not be combined. Discounts can not be applied to day rates, half-day weekly rates, after care, or Create-A-Skate.
Multiple Children/Multiple Weeks
Receive a 10% discount for signing up your child for more than one week. If you've got more than one child, the second and following children each get 10% off each week.
Example: 1 Child, 2 weeks of camp... No discount the first week; 10% discount the 2nd and following weeks.
Example: 2 Children, 1 week of camp... No discount the first child; 10% discount the 2nd child.
Discounts cannot be combined. If you receive the Early Registration discount, the multi week discount will not apply.
Weekly Rates (5-Days)
Weekly Half-Day Rates (5-Days)
$99 per Day
$99 per Day
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the age for campers?
Our camp is great for ages 5-14
Are there lifeguards at camp?
Yes, there is a Island Camps Lifeguard on duty at all times during camp and all Island Camps surf instructors are CPR and AED certified. In addition there is an on duty city lifeguard located directly behind the camp area.
What time is camp drop off?
You should arrive at camp between 8:45 am - 9:00 am
What time is camp pick up?
Pick up is between 3:00 pm - 3:15 PM
Aftercare is provided 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
What should we bring to camp?
- Lunch: Lunch will be provided on Friday ONLY. We have a pizza party for the last day of camp. If your child has dietary concerns, please bring this to the camp director’s attention. Please pack a lunch every other day.
- SUNSCREEN, SUNSCREEN AND MORE SUNSCREEN
- Leash for Surfboard (if you’re bringing your own surfboard)
- SPF50 Lycra (rashguard). Lycra will be provided for weekly campers only.
- Change of dry clothes
- Bathing Suit
- Hat / Visor
- All necessary medications, epi pens, or medical concerns should be brought to the camp directors attention when being dropped off for the day.
Is there a certain sunscreen you recommend?
Are wetsuits needed?
What if there are no waves?
Lets face it, we live in South Florida. It’s a harsh reality but its gonna be flat most the summer! Worry not my future shredders. we have a ton of fun and radical ways to make sure the fun never stops at surf camp. Some of our flat day activities include Jetski tube rides; beach activities like Tug of War, Relay Races, Arts and Crafts, Fort Dodge, and Capture the Flag; environmental education; and adventures to the Deerfield Beach International Fishing Pier. Plus, Surf camp is located just on the inside of a protected coral reef so when theres no waves, we are able to paddle out and swim with sea life ranging from sea turtles to tropical fish.
What if there is bad weather?
Safety is our top priority, but Floridians often experience an afternoon tropical storm before the sun comes out for the rest of the day. In the event of bad weather, camp still goes on. However should there be thunder and lightning we take the kids off the beach immediately and seek shelter under the covered pavilion. There we are safe to do arts and crafts and play games with the kids till the bad weather passes and it is safe to return to the beach.
What does Island Camps provide?
- Boards (surfboards, skimboards, body boards, stand up paddle boards)
- O’Neill SPF-50 surf shirt (rashguard) – weekly campers only.
- BPA free Water bottle and unlimited ice cold water
- SunBum and Raw Elements Sunscreen
- Pizza on Fridays
- Every Friday all weekly campers will receive a Island Camps Sports pack including:
- A professional photo of them surfing
- O’Neill Hat
- Future Fins key
- Sunscreen samples
- Coupons to Island water sports
- Tons of stickers and more
Still have questions or want to talk surf
Call us (954) 281-2797
Email us info@IslandCamps.com